THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS DO NOT REPRESENT
A FIXED PRICE QUOTATION UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED.
DAY WORK AND HALF HOURLY RATES ARE AS PER
OUR MOST RECENT PUBLICATION OF CHARGES.
- The estimate is open for a period of
two (2) months.
- Where the period of commencement
exceeds two (2) months we reserve the right to make a surcharge of 1
- All sums quoted are exclusive of VAT.
VAT is additional and applicable at the standard rate.
- The contractor reserves the right to
interim or stage payments.
- Payments shall become due forthwith
upon submission by the contractor of an interim or final account.
- Where the period of payment for
interim or final accounts exceeds 14 days we reserve the right to make
a sucharge at the rate of 2 1/2 % per month.
- The value of any variations to the
work included in the estimate ordered and authorised by the customer,
whether by edition, omission or substitution of any work, will
wherever practicable be agreed before the variation is carried out,
the value of all variations shall be added or deducted from the price
in the estimate.
- Irrespective of any insurances taken
out by the contractor, the customer should advise his insurers that
building works are being carried out on his property and satisfy
himself that he is adequately covered by insurance against loss or
damage by fire or other risks arising out of and during the progress
of the building operations. Unless otherwise expressly agreed the
contractor is not liable for loss or damage by fire to the works,
materials on site or any property of the customer.
- The property must be fully available
to the contractor during normal working hours.
- Any dispute or difference arising out
of the execution of the work is to be referred upon the application of
either party to a person to be nominated by the President of the
Institute of Arbitrators, whose decision shall be final and binding on
- Water and electrical services shall be
supplied free of charge to the contractor.
- Where works are carried out as part of
an insurance claim we have experienced long delays in the past in
awaiting insurance payments to the client. We must request payment
within the terms set out above, ie. payment must be made by the client
and then recovered from the insurance company if delays are expected.
- If this estimate is used as a basis
for negotiation with other parties, the contract is to be awarded to
- Unless otherwise agreed between Lynx
and the client, extra works will be charged at our normal Category B
rate per half hour per man plus materials plus VAT.